Erin is an exceptional educational institution engaging students in diverse challenging and relevant learning experiences. Together students, staff, families and the community collaborate and support each other to tailor an education that meets the multidimensional needs of each learner. All students will graduate Erin School District with the confidence and skills necessary to successfully complete high school, demonstrate positive life skills, and reach their full potential.
The Future Begins Here – one learner at a time.
Erin School District believes…
- a K-8 education is the foundation for educational success.
- in a diverse curriculum that includes a strong core academic base enhanced by fine arts, technology, and physical education.
- education is a collaborative process and a shared responsibility among students, staff, families, high school, and community.
- positive relationships impact learning.
- in an educational environment that exceeds learner expectations and helps them reach their unique potential.
- investment in our employees will develop the highest quality staff.
- in fostering the physical, emotional, social, and academic needs of each learner in a safe environment.
- respect, responsibility, integrity, honesty, and kindness are integral components of education.
- in preparing students to be successful in a 21st century world.
Continuous Quality Improvement – The district will develop innovative ways to continually improve learning and support systems, processes, and resources that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Organizational Development – The district will encourage and support professional growth throughout the organization.
Fiscal Strength – The district will prudently manage and strengthen its financial resources in order to thrive in a complex and changing environment.
ERIN SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD GOALS
GOAL 1: TO DEVELOP AND REVISE CURRICULUM WHICH MEETS OR EXCEEDS THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE NEXT STEP OF THE STUDENTS EDUCATIONAL JOURNEY.
(The Erin Board realizes the education provided to our students is just the first part of their educational journey. The Board accepts the responsibility to ensure the curriculum will prepare all students to be successful as they continue their educational journey. The Board expects staff to identify and provide consistent grade level instruction around key learning targets in each subject. By developing a narrower but deeper skill set in the core areas, we will prepare our students to be competitive in their educational journey into the work world.)
GOAL 2: TO CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVE THE INSTRUCTION AND LEARNING IN THE CORE ACADEMIC AREAS FOR BOTH STUDENT AND STAFF.
(The Erin Board realizes the need to provide the best instruction for our students if they are expected to be successful once they leave Erin School. To do this, the Board realizes the instruction of the curriculum is essential for student success. Teachers must be provided time and opportunity to continuously engage in professional development on current instructional strategies and updated curriculum.)
GOAL 3: TO DEVELOP A PROFESSIONAL ATMOSPHERE WHERE LEARNING TARGET DATA IS ASSESSED, COLLECTED AND ANALYZED BY A TEAM IN ORDER TO INFORM FURTHER INSTRUCTION FOR INDIVIDUAL STUDENT GROWTH.
(The Erin Board realizes the need to acknowledge accomplishments of both student and staff. Collaborative actions which occur behind the scenes are valuable and should be recognized as the data is presented. Parents/guardians are key members in students learning and should be kept informed as the curriculum is narrowed and results are presented. Furthermore, individual student data based on the key learning targets needs to be collected and analyzed so adjustments can be made in the student instruction as needed.)